- Members of the network can contact each other via EYJA's internal mailing system. We do not recommend that you share any personal contact information with potential candidates or employers until you have decided that it is safe to do so.
- Remember, never include any personal data – such as your home or work address, telephone numbers or other contact details – in your profile.
- If you are a prospective employer, always ask for a copy of the candidate's passport or ID before meeting in person or starting any trial periods.
- Request that your candidate for employment has a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check, especially if they will be responsible for the wellbeing of a minor or a vulnerable adult.
- Always ask for references. Never underestimate the value of references from previous employers – regardless of the form of employment. References from any source can be very informative once they are verified for authenticity.
- Check the social media accounts of prospective employees and employers (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.). The virtual world is now part of most people's identity, there is no need to feel awkward about using these tools as an additional means of ensuring your safety.
- Never allow anyone to use verbal, psychological, emotional or physical abuse against you. Both employees and employers can be vulnerable in their own ways. It is always in the best interest of any person in an abusive working relationship to end that relationship as quickly as possible.
- If, for any reason, you experience a problem with another member of the network, or have noticed something suspicious in their online profile, please report this to us immediately using the 'Report member' option. This can be found on every user's profile page. Alternatively, you may also use the Contact us form which you can find at the bottom of the main page to report any concerns you may have.